Unknown

How hard is it to just step into the unknown,
Into the windy ice,
Where every day stretches gray,
And the sky feels so far away?

"Grow up a little," they say,
But lately, I’ve just been feeling small,
Like a shadow of myself.

I'm the happiest person you could ever meet
No, really I am
But lately, I just forgot how to wear

Why would I ever want to leave
If it's so comfortable there

Why does it feel so strange
I've been wanting this for so long

I miss my ceiling
Miss my mess
Miss my cat and his dirty hair

Would I be able to hold myself
I just want to see this through
Find the colors behind the gray

Will I ever feel okay?
Or would I still feel like I’m missing out
Searching for the pieces I've left behind?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like a magnet on the fridge

Decisions